Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

do cheat code disk work with ESR.

If you're having hardware, software or emulation issues with your PlayStation, ask our experts here!

do cheat code disk work with ESR.

Postby UnholyArceus » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:48 am

so a month ago i bought a gameshark 2 for the PS2. i tried 2 different disk and they don't work. has anyone tried this before? one time it froze on me and the other said bad disk etc etc i know there's only some codes you can get from gameshark to work let me know.

this is what needs to happen to gamestop.
UnholyArceus 13
Custom Title: i'm getting mugged by gamestop.

Re: do cheat code disk work with ESR.

Postby ZX81v2 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:04 am

As long as the cheat disk image is ESR Patched,
Load the patched cheat disk and the ESR trick is in play.
Select Cheats
Swap disks with another ESR patched Game
Play...

As far as can figure out, this should work.

I used this method to make HDLoader 0.8c ESR patched, read copies for import long ago

PS2 (Phat) + Network Adapter + SATA Bridge + 2TB HDD = Insanity+1 !
Wanna Know More > setsuyaku-jissenki.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=49420&hilit=+sata

FreeMCBoot Installer - OPL 0.8/9 + HDL0.8c
Game Compatibility Checker. WinHIIP User
ZX81v2's MAME/ARCADE Thread Here
FreeMCBoot Install Service "UK" Thread HERE
MY PS2 OPL 0.8 HDD Game Compatibility List Click Here 100% Safe

Latest MESS/MAME Roms : Retroroms.info < NEW SITE !

ImageImageImageImage

If you are/WERE a PS2 Developer please check PS2Home out !
Designed & (C)2013-2017 by ZX81v2
ZX81v2 Moderator
Custom Title: R Tape Loading Err0r

Postby dbrown1986 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:58 am

It's generally easier to run a Codebreaker/Gameshark ELF from FMCB, Codebreaker has a file called CB_Launcher.elf, which executes from Codebreaker, after you start a game. If you rename ESR.elf to CB_Launcher.elf, it will launch into ESR from Codebreaker, and you then start a patched game.

P.S ~ GS/Codebreaker will not launch from the main menu until the disc tray is closed, kinda weird, but it's a thing.

dbrown1986 4
Custom Title: Programmer

Postby sasapinjic » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:24 pm

dbrown1986 wrote:It's generally easier to run a Codebreaker/Gameshark ELF from FMCB, Codebreaker has a file called CB_Launcher.elf, which executes from Codebreaker, after you start a game. If you rename ESR.elf to CB_Launcher.elf, it will launch into ESR from Codebreaker, and you then start a patched game.

P.S ~ GS/Codebreaker will not launch from the main menu until the disc tray is closed, kinda weird, but it's a thing.

^ this, only other thing i can add is that cheats will usually only work with saved game, you cant activate cheat on CB/GS, then boot game, then go to new game option, you have to have any save file of game you are going to cheat.

sasapinjic 13
Custom Title: Gafgarion(LightningBoltScumbag)

Postby UnholyArceus » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:04 pm

so a legit disk does not work then? if not i'm going ask some help me to make a ELF for my gameshark disk.

UnholyArceus 13

Postby sasapinjic » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:31 pm

http://setsuyaku-jissenki.info/downloads/playsta ... fomat-usa/

^ i use this one.

Just trow it on USB flash, load it from uLaunchELF and follow uploaders instructions, it works on ESR games no problems.
In case of troubles check comments, all solutions are there.

sasapinjic 13

Postby dbrown1986 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:50 am

Odd. I've had no trouble with new games. I usually only ever used it for Gungrave and shoot-em-up games. Granted, it has been quite some time since I've used CB or ESR since getting my Modbo.

dbrown1986 4
Custom Title: Programmer

Postby sasapinjic » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:54 pm

dbrown1986 wrote:Odd. I've had no trouble with new games. I usually only ever used it for Gungrave and shoot-em-up games. Granted, it has been quite some time since I've used CB or ESR since getting my Modbo.

Well, dint use it that much to, but in those few games i did it wont work on new game option . I guess it depends on game . In shooters it modify ammo, lives and such, but in RPG for example it modify much more, like character look, stats, abilities and such . So you first must create character, save it and then modify it, unlike in shoot-em-up games where ship/character is already created and cant be modified .

sasapinjic 13

Postby UnholyArceus » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:54 am

yeah so legit gameshark disk don't work with does not work with this oh well...

UnholyArceus 13

Return to Troubleshooting