Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Free Mc Boot and ESR

Discuss Everything Related to the Playstation 2 Here!

Free Mc Boot and ESR

Postby ignatius » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:57 pm

Hi,

I cannot get ESR to work on my Playstation 2 (SCPH-75001). When I choose "Launch CDDVD", it says that the disc in the drive is invalid. I believe I have downloaed the latest version of ESR.
Could it be that ESR is not compatible with my PS2 model? Or, am I missing something here?

Thanks.

ignatius Newbie

Re: Free Mc Boot and ESR

Postby freeformaniak » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:10 pm

are you patching your isos before burning

http://setsuyaku-jissenki.info/downloads/pla ... v024a-usa/

Spoiler:
freeformaniak 4
Custom Title: weekend warrior

Postby Sabkahn » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:23 pm

AFAIK you are doing it wrong. Assuming you patched your ISO properly you should select the ESR Option from the menu, Launch CD / DVD is for legit games only IIRC. With the disc already in the console when it boot´s it should trigger ESR automaticly.

What the Video fails to mention is that some CD based games work if they are converted to DVD format, that´s why some games are listed twice, one as DVD and one as CD, ESR users need the DVD convert.

Sabkahn 4

Postby ignatius » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:04 am

Yes. The ISOs are patched. Do you mean when I boot the PS2? Could you elaborate a little more?
I turned the PS2 off, and then turned it back on, I hear the DVD spin, but it isn't doing anything.

Also, I had another PS2 (can't remember the model #), and I was able to "Launch" the DVD, and it ran just fine. It's just now, that with this new PS2, it isn't behaving the same way as my old one was.

ignatius Newbie

Postby TheTechDoc » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:59 am

Just try cold booting the disc, you don't need to open ESR if you patched it properly

Spoiler:
2x xbox w/IND bios +1tb hdd/80gb hdd
1x ps2 slim w/fcmb 1x ps2 phat w/fhdb
1x ps1 chipped
gamecube w/sd launcher
psp 1000,go with cfw
2x dslite and dsphat w r4i/acekard2i
gameboy original/pocket/color/advance/sp/micro
2x wii w/softmod
snes
nes
n64
360 jasper RGH CR4 XL
360 slim RGH CR4 XL
PS Vita 3.60 with Henkaku
3DS 9.2.0 CFW Emunand RXtools/luma3ds
Sega dreamcast
Sega Saturn
Wiiu w/CFW 5.5.1
PS4
TheTechDoc 7
Custom Title: Put away those fiery biscuits!

Postby sasapinjic » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:59 am

^ note that some ESR versions (like ESR beta 90 by ffgriever in my case) are deafault set to auto trow you in launch screen anyway no mater what you do to choose launch CD/DVD, launch app or launch osdsys from there.

sasapinjic 13
Custom Title: Gafgarion(LightningBoltScumbag)

Return to PS2 Chat