A completely standalone new scenario for Resident Evil 2 with a 4 hour-long campaign filled with more than 30 cut-scenes and 3 different endings, new skins, sounds/music, new resources/mechanics.
This is the perfect Resident Evil modding experience. It's as complete as a new game of the 90's.
-What is Resident Evil 2: Mortal Night?
Mortal Night is a non-profit fan-made total conversion mod of Capcom’s videogame “Resident Evil 2”.
-What does it contain?
It's a total conversion of the game, which conserves the original rooms. Enemies, items, messages, room effects, cutscenes and events are completely different. It's a whole new campaign. These are the most complex scripted rooms ever shown in any Resident Evil mod. This new scenario lasts about 4 hours. This new campaign is divided in 3 episodes.
-What about the gameplay?
An awesome new atmosphere based on a kind of 4th Survivor mode combined with part of the original survival horror feeling of the campaign; it also contains a new soundtrack, new story, skins for characters and enemies, a more complex route than the original game (because of doors's locks and item locations), new cutscenes and events... that will completely enhance the gameplay. There are about 30 cutscenes distributed among the three episodes which compose this mod. There are 3 unlockable endings.
-The gameplay is a mix of action, puzzle solving and surviving: it’s pure survival-horror. Although it contains more action than the original game, the tension, and even the terror, are bigger too.
-The difficulty of the game is quite elevated, so it’s necessary to save ammo and look after the health since the beginning.
-Summing up, it's scary, entertaining and good.
Main Features (original version)
-New story full of cutscenes and events. There are about
- 30 cutscenes and 3 unlockable endings.
- A more complex route than the original game (because of doors's locks and item locations).
- A very entertaining gameplay. Can be quite scary in some moments.
- A higher number and variety of enemies.
- New soundtrack, that will multiply the enjoyment of the mod. Some tracks are directly composed for this mod.
- Enemies can drop ammo, weapons and keys; so you must kill to survive!
- A survival horror atmosphere.
- A cool design for the inventory and other stuff.
- New enemies.
- A hardcore difficulty.
- New combinations for items.
- New gameplay mechanics.
- Optional situations where you can choose what do you want to do.
- Very well worked sound for cutscenes and events.
- 3 Easter Eggs.
NOTE: The MP5 is green by default (not skinned) I found by switching the device setup card and screen resolution it worked or it fixed the gun from being green. Run Settings.exe and change them or test what works for you. Its a little buggy but will work.
If you chose Software Version for Device Setup (instead of a video card) the MP5 will stay green.
I chose 3D Rage Pro as my video card and it works great.
-Manual and help guide included
(All credit goes to resevilnemesis30 as he created this masterpiece.)